From Rock Bottom to Happy Low-key Life
(first posted on Facebook, 7th August 2019)
(1-2 min. read)
Honestly, I'm not very much comfortable to express my thoughts on social media. But Facebook has been an avenue for spreading useful articles, and for sharing life's events to friends. However, sadly, it's also becoming a platform of uncontrollable vanities. Well this is my timeline. I want my very first blog to be posted here. And because today is my 10th baptism anniversary (my 10th Sabbath), I want to share some reflections. That once upon a Jazmin, a piece of story of faith, hope, and love.
I had had "slight meltdowns" in the night for quite a long time. It seemed like I was becoming a big fan of a good weep. Anyway it's also therapeutic and it's free. One of the "good things" that you can do and not paying for it. Awful things came, but it's okay. For there are also many positivities in hitting rock bottom. Yes, we were on that level. Maybe it was just not that pretty obvious. But it benefitted us mostly spiritual-wise, and even health-wise. After everything that we had been through, I can say that extraordinary difficulties can happen to ordinary people. I remember a quote from the most sensible preacher, and this is inspired from the Bible.
"Bad things happen to good people to make them cautious, and to teach them to forgive and to have long-suffering, thus making them not only good but excellent."
~Bro. Eli Soriano
And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting; And waiting gives experience; and experience, hope: And hope does not put to shame; because our hearts are full of the love of God through the Holy Spirit which is given to us.
~ROMANS 5:3-5
Bible in Basic English (BBE)
Sometimes, you really want to vent. It will feel good somehow. But you're holding back because it might just give aggravation rather than perseverance. And I've learned that I shouldn't be anxious about these adversities, because somehow, those give an opportunity to experience the true essence of Christian living. And at least be a minuscule part in the fulfillment of what is written in the Holy Scripture.
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as all of you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, all of you may be glad also with exceeding joy.
~1 Peter 4:13
Updated King James Version (UKJV)
But I guess the most painful part of this episode is when we were oppressed by people we never thought would do such dreariness of the soul. We knew their unfairness activities, how they gradually manipulated everything for their own sake. The situation was truly unjust. But we opted not to say anything. We made ourselves dupe in their sight for the sake of peace.
Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because you go to law one with another. Why do you not rather take wrong? why do you not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
~1 Corinthians 6:7
American King James Version (AKJV)
And instead of hating them, I, personally, have learned to love them. Understanding them and praying that one day they will realize the true
meaning of selfless love, and how important it is for a Christian to achieve it. Because you don't just say it. You do it. For love is not seen. It is
felt. That wonderful feeling you know it comes from the heart.
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law.
~Romans 13:10
American Standard Version (1901) (ASV)
But then good things do happen. Because God helped us stood up from the ground. We were surprised with all the blessings coming from above as we went along, walking the Old Path. And now we're standing, but with all humility
before Him. And we will forever be dependent for God's help and mercy all the days that He will give us.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
~James 1:17
English Standard Version (ESV)
And in all battles of life, I'm holding on to this:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with
thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your
hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
~PHILIPPIANS 4:6-7
King James Version (KJV)
To GOD Be The Glory Forever
Credits:
The Bible verses were copied from Omega DigiBible, the most fascinating Bible app ever! I've never seen anything that offers this generous for a Bible app since the advent of touchscreen devices, to be honest. It's ABSOLUTELY FREE! NO ADS, NO IN-APP PURCHASES, has HOURLY ONE- MINUTE PRAYER, has COOL HIGHLIGHTS, NOTE-TAKING, comes with DIFFERENT TRANSLATIONS, has AUDIO BIBLE, and so much more! I've been using Omega DigiBible for over a year now, and it's really a wonderful Bible reading experience. Truly a miracle app😊❤️👏
Comments
Post a Comment