My Three-day Fasting Journey

(first posted on my Instagram @jazminpadillago 5th June 2020)

Finally, with God's help and mercy, I was able to do the 72-hour fast! Yesss! As in no food for three days, with only sips of water when my tongue and throat feel dry. To sum up it was like two glasses of water each day. The 24 hours wasn't that difficult as I am used to doing a 24-hour fast, but the second day, the 40th hour and beyond, was a punishment though. And being a wife and mom, I would still have to cook for my family. The aroma of food was a real torture. 

I have been wanting to do this three-day fast for spiritual matters and also because of many health benefits it can do to the body. Before science found out the good effects of fasting to one's health, thousands of years ago, it has already been written in the Bible. We can find many verses in the Bible that the men of God fasted and they became stronger physically and mentally. There were Moses, David, Daniel, Paul, to name a few. And of course our Lord Jesus Christ Himself fasted before He started preaching. And He fasted 40 days and 40 nights just like Moses.

And on my 60th hour going to 72nd, it was like a miracle that all the desire for food was gone. And I felt that my body had adjusted, that it was okay not to eat for a given time. Until I reached the 72nd hour and was all very emotional, being able to eat for the first time in three days. I first prayed and thanked God for helping me and for giving me courage in this three-day abstinence. 

Thanks be to God. To God be the glory! 

DISCLAIMER: This three-day/72-hour fasting statement is an observation based on my personal experience. Others' fasting journey and endurance should be different with mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Rock Bottom to Happy Low-key Life

Why I don't have credit card?